Series Seen By Record Number Of Viewers
The new Creepshow TV series is a monster hit for Shudder, AMC Networks’ premium streaming service for horror, thriller and the supernatural. The series has set records across the board since its Sept. 26 premiere in terms of viewers, subscriber acquisitions and total minutes streamed:
- Since Creepshow premiered on September 26, 54% of all members on Shudder’s direct-to-consumer platforms* have viewed an episode of the series. As new episodes premiere weekly through Halloween, this number will continue to rise.
- Episode 1 had more minutes streamed in its opening weekend (September 26-29) than any title in Shudder’s history, nearly equal to the #2, #3 and #4 titles combined, all of which are feature films with significantly longer runtimes.
- The first week of Creepshow set a record for total minutes streamed on the service… a record that has been broken in each of the three weeks since.
- The series is bringing in record numbers of new Shudder members, so far delivering the 14 best subscriber acquisition days in Shudder history, and 21 of the top 25 days.
- Creepshow has been as big a hit with critics as it has with fans. At 96% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, it is one of the best-reviewed new shows of 2019.
“Creepshow is a breakout series that’s hit the trifecta for streaming services: Shudder members love it, critics love it and it’s driving record numbers of new subscribers,” said Shudder GM Craig Engler. “Greg Nicotero and his team have delivered an amazing show that honors the original movie by George A. Romero and Stephen King while forging an identity that’s uniquely its own.”
The series’ fifth episode, starring Bruce Davison and David Arquette, will premiere this Thursday, October 24. Creepshow’s season finale, featuring horror legend Tom Savini directing an adaptation of Joe Hill’s story “By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain,” will premiere on October 31.
Creepshow is executive produced by Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead) and based on the iconic 1982 movie written by Stephen King and directed by George A. Romero.
Creepshow stars David Arquette (Scream franchise), Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog), Tobin Bell (Saw), Big Boi (Scream: The TV Series), Jeffrey Combs (Star Trek, Re-Animator), Kid Cudi (Drunk Parents), Bruce Davison (X-Men), Giancarlo Esposito (Better Call Saul), Dana Gould (Stan Against Evil), Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica, Lucifer) and DJ Qualls (The Man in the High Castle, Supernatural) and features adaptations of stories by Stephen King, Joe Hill, Joe R. Lansdale, Josh Malerman and others.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in